Flourless Creamy Pumpkin Carrot Soup
One of the most delicious and nutritious soups you will ever eat. LOADED with vitamins, minerals, fiber, protein and anti-oxidants. This soup will keep you full for hours and yet it is VERY low calorie!
NOTE: To serve more people just increase as needed!
¼ cup Olive Oil
2 yellow onions (sliced)
3 cloves garlic (cut into halves)
1 heaping tablespoon fresh ginger (minced)
2 carrots (peeled and sliced)
3 cups of pumpkin (cubed)
1 cup coconut milk (optional)
1 teaspoon salt
1 heaping tablespoon fresh rosemary (chopped)
1 heaping tablespoon cumin powder
Black pepper (optional)
Pumpkin seed (optional)
1.5 liters of hot water
1 heaping tablespoon Restore Micro Sliced Chia
1. Turn flame to medium low.
2. Add olive oil
3. Add onions and saute for 1 minute
4. Add garlic and stir
5. Add ginger and stir
6. After 2-3 minutes, add carrots and stir.
7. Add salt and rosemary and cumin powder.
8. Stir together
9. Add water and stir
10. Add pumpkin and stir
11. Cover pot
12. Turn heat to high
13. Bring to a boil.
14. Lower heat to medium low
15. Cook on low boil for 10 minutes
16. Remove cover and use knife to be sure pumpkin is soft.
17. When pumpkin is soft, transfer soup to blender.
18. Add 1 heaping tablespoon of Restore Micro Sliced Chia Seeds
19. Blend for 60 seconds
Note! Be sure to remove center plug on top of blender and cover with a towel to absorb steam (see video)
Note! This recipe will make a LOT of soup. You may need to blend half of the soup and then the other half. Add 1 HEAPING tablespoon of Restore Micro Sliced Chia seeds EACH BLENDER FULL OF SOUP!
20. Pour into serving bowl.
21. Allow to sit 1-2 minutes
22. Serve into soup bowls.
23. Sprinkle crushed black pepper on top (optional)
24. Add pumpkin seeds to each bowl (optional)
NOTE! This soup will stay fresh in the refrigerator for 203 days and can be reheated inside a microwave oven.