Quinoa Fried “Rice”
This quinoa fried “Rice” is AMAZING! Much more filling than rice and a million times more health…and the taste is AWESOME!
NOTE: To serve more people just increase as needed!
3 cups of cooking and chilled quinoa.
2 eggs (scrambled)
½ yellow onion (diced)
1 carrot (diced)
3 cloves garlic (minced)
2 tablespoons FRESH ginger (minced)
1 cup green peas
¼ cup olive oil.
2 tablespoons of sesame oil.
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Red chili peppers (optional)
4 spring onions (sliced)
Separate stalk from greens
- Coat pan with olive oil and scramble eggs…put aside.
- Add remaining olive oil into fresh pan.
- Turn heat to medium low.
- Add carrots and sauté for 1-2 minutes
- Add yellow onions and stalk part of spring onions…sauté for 1 minute.
- Add ginger and garlic.
- Sauté together for 1-2 minutes
- Add green peas and stir.
- Add sesame oil and stir.
- Add quinoa and mix all ingredients into quinoa.
- Add soy sauce and mix well.
- Add green part of spring onions
- Add slices of red chili (optional)
- Add egg
- Mix well and serve
- Top each serving with coriander (optional)